Pages

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Fancy a cupcake?

I needed to rustle up a super quick card recently for a birthday but I still wanted it to feel special. I love baking (especially cupcakes!) so decided to use the 'Baked with Love' set but have a cupcake as the main feature - pretty difficult considering the image is tiny compared to the size of a card!

I cut a panel from kraft paper using a Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle and created a background on top using a selection of the stamps and VersaMark ink. Next, I cut a stitched circle and used Distress Ink on the edge to soften the contrast between the kraft paper and white circle. I created the stand and cupcake with the stamps and dies to match and coloured them with just a few copics. Although I was going for 'quick and simple', I couldn't leave it without any sequins so added a couple of pink and white ones to add some a small amount of glitz!





































I really fancy whipping up a delicious vanilla cupcake to match! :o)

No comments

Post a Comment