Pages

Saturday 30 May 2015

Gleeful Gardens

A special someone turned 90 this week so I wanted to create a special card to celebrate. As a keen gardener, choosing Lawn Fawn's Gleeful Garden set was an obvious choice! 




































I decided to make a little garden scene so I die cut a mini hill and coloured it with Distress Inks. I used the grassy border die to create the strands of grass. As this die cuts the grass straight, I cut it into sections and adhered it to the back of the mini hill so they followed the curve.

I used one of the stitched rectangle dies to cut out the mini hill/grass section and the sky to make the background. As the UK card sizes are taller than the rectangles, I lengthened the two sections so it would match the size of my base card (A6).




































It was so much fun colouring the little bird in all those different colours using Copics. There is a layer of Wink of Stella on top too, it's so sparkly in real life!



































I used Mama Elephant's Sketchy Letters to create the 'happy' and the 'birthday' was from Lawn Fawn's Baked With Love. I used VersaMark ink to stamp them and sprinkled a silver embossing powder from Papermania over the top - I love watching it melt! 



































I also added a sparkly silver '90' inside the card but forgot to take a photo - whoops!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment

Ruth said...

So perfect. Beautifully coloured and love the Wink of Stella touch. Xx

Post a Comment